Affordable Housing Committee
In an effort to develop stronger and more effective affordable housing partnerships throughout the State of Ohio, the Ohio Mortgage Bankers Association (OMBA) is committed to supporting our membership in achieving positive homeownership outcomes for all the communities, families and individuals they serve. Therefore, the OMBA has resolved to form an Affordable Housing Committee to achieve these objectives.
The Committee will focus primarily on serving as a liaison between lenders, borrowers, housing advocates, policymakers, public officials, program sponsors and counseling organizations to achieve maximum use of the opportunities and resources that exist to support successful and sustainable affordable housing.
The Committee will provide information to member lenders regarding those organizations who provide home buyer counseling including budgeting, home maintenance and other programs designed to promote successful homeownership. The Committee will provide this data to member lenders by region in-order-to best impact all areas of Ohio.
The Committee will dedicate a section of the OMBA website to become a “bulletin board” for notices and important announcements regarding Home Buying seminars, current funding status of provider resources, and development of new Affordable Housing Initiatives including those on a local, state and national level.
In tandem with member partners, the OMBA will support and promote educational forums that assist individuals in becoming successful homeowners. The OMBA will work with member partners to develop and conduct an annual seminar focused on the Home Buying process and the elimination of myths surrounding homeownership.
The OMBA will be an active participant in supporting legislation, developing resources, and joining forces with government, business, and community leaders in the effort to provide solutions to solve the unmet housing needs of our communities.
Search Ohio MBA
- Fiscal Year 2021 FHA Annual Report to Congress Released Today November 16, 2021
- Building Generational Wealth through Homeownership September 27, 2021
- FHFA Announces Equitable Housing Finance Plans for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac September 18, 2021
- FHFA and Treasury Suspending Certain Portions of the 2021 Preferred Stock Purchase Agreements September 14, 2021
- FHFA Releases Additional Data on Enterprise Fair Lending and Housing Goals September 8, 2021
- Amendment 2435 Filed in House for Broad FCA Changes August 11, 2021
- HUD launches task force to tackle biased home appraisals August 10, 2021